Wednesday, March 30, 2011

When will this baby get here?

9 months never went by so slow yet so fast in all my life! There was so much to do and I always felt there wasn't enough time to get ready for my new bundle. YET the anticipation of wanting to hold my baby and know what he looked liked was killing me and I wondered how come this is taking so long?! Like many other moms-to-be I wanted my cake and to eat it too. The 9 months you are pregnant (and let's be serious its more like 10) are the most frantic, exciting, emotional an longest month of your life (thus far).

I was fortunate I didn't get that big in the beginning and then all of a sudden "BAM" baby belly galore! I swore up and down if one more person asked me when i was due and then looked at me like I was crazy when I said end of April (in February) I was going to flip! I just kept thinking this baby needs to hurry up and be born so people leave me alone.

At about 30 weeks my pregnancy started to get complicated. I was in and out of the hospital with possibility of delivery at any time, twice weekly NSTs and was put on bed rest/home rest. If I wasn't already anxious boy oh boy I was now! I was concerned not only for myself but for my baby. Finally at 39 weeks the doctor induced (that alone was an experience all of it's own) the wait was over...baby was on the way!

No comments:

Post a Comment